Friday, April 4, 2008

Short Retort

Everybody knows that you're supposed to drink at least 8 glasses of water. Or that water helps you lose weight faster. Or that water makes your complexion look better. Or that water is better than any other drink. Turns out that they are all urban myths. A group of doctors discovered that there is no research or studies to suppprt any of these claims about drinking water. In fact they now say you can get your needed water from other drinks and from the food you eat. Yes, water has fewer calories than soda but other than that there is no health benefit from drinking water. As somebody who can't stand to drink water you can imagine how gleeful I am over this news. Most of all I no longer feel guilty for not drinking all that water everyone told me I should drink. Of course doctors will now do the studies to see if any of the above claims about water are true. Until then I will stick with my coke and not feel shamed any more by all of you with your bottled water!

No comments:

Post a Comment