Thursday, March 5, 2009

Believe Me*

The President again stated today that "the cost of health care is the cause of bankruptcy every thirty seconds". In a later interview with Christina Romer, the President's Chairperson of the Council of Economic Advisors, a Fox reporter said he couldn't find where the President got that figure and asked Ms. Romer to respond. Her response?

"I think I am not going to talk about any particular statistic, the key thing is the idea". And later on repeated “I’ll have to check the facts but the key thing is the idea is absolutely true.”


*After writing my recent blog on Audacity to Tell the Truth I thought somebody should be pointing out when anyone in Washington, particularly Obama and his appointees, refuse to talk facts and instead tell you to hope or believe or that they just know something is true. I didn't realize that I would hear a blatant use of the "Believe Me, Not the Facts" rant just a few hours later. So I decided to go ahead and start publishing these myself. If you see or hear any, let me know and I will publish them, after I verify that they are true, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment