Thursday, October 2, 2008

Financial Crisis Rant: Part I - Video’s, Code Words and Barney Franks


This whole financial crisis is really angering me. The left continues to promise to take care of “the homeowners who are losing their homes” and blaming the big bad bankers and investment firms. As I tried to explain to a liberal, let’s say bankers are greedy, it then wouldn’t make sense for the bankers to make bad loans if it would hurt profits unless they were forced to do so by the liberal Congress via the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). I wrote about the CRA in my earlier posting on Carter, Clinton and the Liberal Congress.

I am returning to this topic partly because of two emails I recently received. One of the emails was from a liberal who was sending me a power point slide show. This slide show was quite juvenile considering the topic; the financial crisis. I was more than a little disconcerted to find that it featured stick figure cartoons who frequently say f*** this and f*** that while explaining the financial problem as the fault of bankers and investment houses. And you know that businessmen and investment bankers are liberal code words for Republicans, of course!

On the other hand, I had earlier received an email with a video showing the conservative point of view on this subject. But this presentation was done as a YouTube slide show filled with facts, charts, and tables that clearly illustrates cause and effect between the CRA legislation, liberal Congress and our current financial and housing crisis. The only swear words were the ones by the viewer after seeing this documented and verified information. Comparing the two presentations, obscene stick figures vs. charts and graphs made me wonder why the liberals are supposed to be the intellectuals!

Speaking of intelligent, in a recent conversation with a liberal I was told that Barney Franks, the liberal congressman from Mass., and Chairman of the Financial Services Committee, was extremely intelligent and had an excellent handle on the financial mess. I recalled that I had seen something about Franks on the YouTube video so I watched it again.

Sure enough there was a slide in regards to a 2003 proposal by Pres. Bush to create a new department to oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae as he was worried they were going broke. The following quote is from the NY Times on September 11, 2003:

''These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis,'' said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ''The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.''

And there we are; affordable housing. To use that word liberals like, that is “code” for minority housing. Back in 2003 we could have averted this whole mess were it not for the liberal’s “concern” over the low income population. Sure there may be some true liberals who really do want to help out the poor. But I bet it is more about votes to help the politician then it is about helping the poor.

Take Barack Obama, please… Sorry old joke. Actually, right now after thinking about the liberals, Barney Franks, insulting and vulgar videos, affordable housing etc., I think I’ve had my fill of the left. I’ll get back to Barack and ACORN in part II of this article. But before I forget, here is the link to the YouTube video. If the link doesn’t work, please let me know. The author had to change the link once before after it was illegally taken down. This just goes to show that the liberals can’t handle the truth and don’t want you to see it either. So please, inform yourself and watch the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RZVw3no2A4%20

No comments:

Post a Comment